Terms and Conditions
RESERVATIONS: Reservations are made the moment the deposit is received, along with your written request of the services needed.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES: All descriptions of hotels, accommodations, activities and advantages were exact at the time of printing, but changes may occur. Quality standards of hotels presented in this brochure are established according to the criteria and quality standards of the country where the hotel is located, which may vary from North American quality standards. Also, travelers should expect that norms, practices and conditions linked to the supply of services and facilities, accommodations and food may be different from those generally established in North America. In addition, bank holidays, local or religious manifestations are celebrated according to the customs of the visited countries.
- Hotels can decide to modify, renovate or do some construction work without prior notice, generally to increase the quality of the establishment or for better care of the property, and Preference Vacations can’t be held responsible for that. In the same way, Preference Vacations can’t be held responsible for the inconvenience caused by work undertaken by the municipal authorities in the neighboring streets of the hotel.
- Various activities mentioned in this brochure are subject to the availability of the equipment and/or proper number of participants. Some activities may be cancelled or restricted by the hotel for material damage or any other reason without Preference Vacations’ prior knowledge and, therefore, can’t be held responsible.
- Excursions and other activities not mentioned in this brochure but proposed at destinations are not included in the price of your package. Preference Vacations doesn’t have any control over the content or sequence of those excursions and/or activities, therefore Preference Vacations can’t be held responsible. All pictures appearing in this brochure are examples only and can’t be considered as a major factor of the present contract
MODIFICATION OF SERVICES : If, for extraordinary reasons out of our control, the establishments described in this brochure refuse to honor the client’s reservation because of overbooking or any other reason, Preference Vacations and its representatives reserve the right to accommodate the clients in other hotels and in rooms of similar or higher category. In the event that the category is lower and in this situation only, Preference Vacations will reimburse the difference between the prices of the two hotels or room categories without any other compensation. Unless an error, negligence, or specific omission from Preference Vacations occurs, we release ourselves of any responsibility related to any problems or inconveniences arising from such a situation.
MODIFICATION OF OUR PACKAGES
- Preference Vacations reserves the right to change the itinerary, the schedule or to cancel any package before departure, notably in the event that the minimal number of participants is not reached. In the event of a package cancellation, a full refund of the amount paid by your travel agent on your behalf will be issued, representing the final, definitive and complete settlement of any claim towards Preference Vacations. Following the cancellation of a package, we will try our very best to offer you a similar alternative according to the availability. If an agreement is reached, a new contract will bind both parties. If one of the conditions stated previously is void, it does not invalidate the rest of the contract; the other conditions remain valid and in effect.
- Any programs or services that were missed or not used due to weather conditions or unavoidable circumstances will not be refunded by Preference Vacations, no matter what is said by local service providers. No refund (total or partial) will be made for any uncompleted part of the tour or for unused services.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Payments, deposits, modifications and cancellation fees related to air transportation are considered and calculated separately from services.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION: Your subscription to one of our packages implies the integral agreement with and acceptance of the conditions stated and described in our brochure. The contract binding us involves the rights and responsibilities as listed for both parties. Your travel agent has the responsibility to provide you with all the necessary information to insure you have fully understood all the conditions of this contract.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS: Reservations must be accompanied by a deposit for the amounts mentioned below, which must be sent to Preference Vacations at the time of booking. The final payment must be received in Preference Vacations’ offices according to the due dates and services mentioned below. The deposit per person (D) and the final payment (FP), expressed in number of days prior to departure, for the services offered in our brochure are:
- Packages and tours including a flight with Air Transat: D: $500 – FP: 60 days
- Packages and tours including a regularly scheduled flight: D: $1000 – FP: 60 days
- Cruises: D$500 – FP: 90 days
- Tours, transfers and excursions: D: 30% of the total amount – FP: 45 days
- Villas: D: 30% of the total amount – FP: 45 days
- Hotel reservations à la carte: D: one nights’ accommodation per hotel – FP: 45 days
- Car rental: D: $100 – FP: 45 days
- Theatre and show tickets: D: 100% of the total amount – FP: at the time of booking
- Transatlantic flights with Air Transat: D: $300 – FP: 60 days
- Transatlantic flights with regularly scheduled carriers: D: 100% of the total amount – FP: at the time of booking
Preference Vacations reserves the right to cancel a booking without prior notice and without recourse if the final payment is not received within the permitted time period. The applicable cancellation charges will be applied.
- Verbal or written confirmation provided to Preference Vacations for the use of a client’s personal credit card number constitutes a confirmation of the reservation, as well as the acceptance of the present terms and conditions and authorization to pay the deposit and/or the purchase of services. However, upon request by the travel agent or Preference Vacations, the customer may be required to provide written confirmation that the credit card may be used without a signature. The moment the credit card is supplied by the travel agent to guarantee/pay for a deposit or guarantee a transaction to purchase services, the travel agent is responsible for the payment. The travel agent will have to conserve in their files any and all signed authorizations by the client relating to the use of the client’s credit card.
- A client paying for a trip with a third party’s credit card needs to provide a written approval from the cardholder. A copy of the front and back of the credit card, signed by the cardholder, as well as a written authorization must reach Preference Vacations within seven (7) of the reservation. If you fail to meet these conditions, your reservation may be cancelled and cancellation fees will apply, as stated in paragraph 3.
INSURANCE: PREFERENCE VACATIONS highly recommends the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance such as cancellation, medical fees and hospitalization, luggage, etc. We advise you to check with your travel agent for more information.
Claims or cancellations: All claims or cancellations with Preference Vacations must be sent by e-mail by passengers or through their travel agent to the following address: [email protected]
DAY PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
Packages and tours including flights and cruises
60 days or more
Deposit per person
60 – 31 days
50% of total price per person
30 days or less
Total cost of package
8 days or more
3 days or less
100% non refundable
Hotels à la carte, apartments, villas,
excursions and transfers.
* if the conditions are not non-refundable as the case may
45 days or more
Deposit per person
45 – 31 days
50% of total price per person
30 days or less
100% non refundable
Train and ferry tickets
At the moment of booking
100% non refundable
CHANGES OR MODIFICATION FEES: Any changes or modifications are subject to availability. Any modification request is considered as a cancellation and implies cancellation fees as stated above. However, Preference Vacations offers the guarantee that everything will be done to reduce the fees as much as possible. The rule applies before, during and after the planned service date.
DESCRIPTION OF PRICES AND SERVICES: All prices quoted in this brochure are valid from January 01st 2020 to March 01st 2020. Availability of prices in the brochure is limited, and at the time you purchase your tour, prices may be higher. Your travel agent will be glad to assist you with current prices. All prices in the brochure are subject to change without notice due to fuel prices, governmental taxes, major currency fluctuations, and/or unforeseen economic circumstances, etc. Preference Vacations reserves the right to ask for any justified increase of the prices. Please note that the services described in this brochure are exact at the time of printing on January 01st 2020. As certain services may be subject to changes, we advise you to contact your travel agent.
AVAILABILITY: Reservations are subject to availability with all suppliers involved during your travel dates.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE: Services included in your package are those described specifically in your package description, everything else being excluded.
FEES NOT INCLUDED: All personal expenses are not included, along with optional insurance and insurance related to a car rental. For some destinations, return taxes are payable locally.
HOTEL CITY TAX: Several European cities have implemented a new City Tax, which is payable directly to the hotel upon checkout. The amount and application varies from city to city, and is subject to change without prior notice. Although Preference Vacations may provide the amount payable at the time of booking, it cannot be held responsible for any changes/increases to the City Tax as it is out of our control..
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: You are responsible for obtaining all the required documentation demanded by the government authorities of the country visited. A valid passport is required at all times. Check with your travel agent at the time of booking. Travelers who fail to present the appropriate documentation may be denied boarding by the carrier and/or the local authorities of the visited country without the possibility to claim for a refund. Preference Vacations takes no responsibility regarding this. Particular conditions apply for children traveling alone or with only one parent. Please check with your travel agent.
CAR RENTALS: It is mandatory when renting a vehicle to obtain an international driving license before departure.
BAGGAGE: Baggage allowance varies according to the airline; we advise you to check with your travel agent for this matter. The exceeding luggage (if permitted) has to be paid directly to the airline company and is the sole responsibility of the passenger.
AIRPLANE TICKETS AND EXCHANGE COUPONS VALIDITY: Airplane tickets and exchange coupons are nominatives and cannot be transferred. They are only valid for dates, flights, hotels and services mentioned. Unused airline tickets and exchange coupons for indicated dates are nonrefundable and not reusable for other flights, hotels or services.
AIRLINES AND FLIGHT SCHEDULES: The air transportation is made in economy class by the airline company which name or abbreviation appears on the airline ticket. We do not operate as an “airline company”. Our only responsibility is to provide you an airline ticket for the destination or your chosen package. We are not liable for the execution of the air transportation, which is under the responsibility of the airline. Please note that airline tickets have restrictions and responsibility limitations. Flight schedules are given for indicative purposes only and may be subject to change without notice. Preference Vacations is not responsible or liable for loss, damage or inconvenience resulting from a change in schedule or delay. Also, within 24 hours prior to departure and return, you must verify with the airline or your travel agent if any modifications have been made to your flight schedule.
AIRPORT CHECK-IN: You must be at the check-in counter at least 3 hours before your departure time. If not, you may lose your reservation and your seat may be assigned to other travelers without recourse. Some airlines offer seat selection at the time of booking. Otherwise, it is on it is on a “first come, first served” basis with the airline crew at the airport. Travelers must possess a valid passport (in effect for 6 months after return date), or other documents, to be verified by the passenger.
CHILDREN’S RATES: Children from 2 to 11 years of age, traveling and sharing a room with two adults, may take advantage of important rebates on the package. Children less than 2 years of age at the time of departure, and not occupying a seat, usually pay only 10% on regular flights. We must be notified of any children upon making your reservation. Unaccompanied children from 5 to 15 years old must have all the required documents on them for when they are taken into the care of airport staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GUESTROOMS ALLOCATION AND CHECK-OUTS: Only hotels have the privilege to allocate the rooms to travelers, according to availability on the date of arrival. Preference Vacations can’t guarantee sea view, floor number, location, etc. You must generally leave your room at noon on the day of departure, on the previous night for overnight flights, or as indicated by the hotel.
ROLE AND LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY OF PREFERENCE VACATIONS: Holder of a travel agency permit, Preference Vacations is neither an “airline” or a “hotel”, all those services being the responsibility of independent enterprises (hereby called “service providers”), of which Preference Vacations does not have any control. Preference Vacations only elaborates travel packages described in the present brochure including services from various service providers whose names may appear in the brochure or on transportation tickets and coupons given to you. Our obligation is mainly to take care of your reservations with those providers and to transmit the payments in time on your behalf. Preference Vacations doesn’t have any direct control of those service providers or their employees; we will not be held responsible, either directly or indirectly, for any loss, accident, or injury resulting from the acts or negligence of these service providers, their employees or any other person not under our direct and immediate control. Any incident due to the failing of our service providers only engages the responsibility of this service provider. Preference Vacations takes no responsibility for any claim of any nature including material or personal damages, delays, illness, severe tiredness, resulting of:
- Error, negligence, omission and/or overbooking from any of the service providers or their employees or any other person not under our direct and immediate control;
- Illness, theft, strike, legal holidays, bank holidays, temporary closure or expedition cancellation, sanitary conditions, mechanical breakdown, work done by the municipal authorities in the neighboring streets of the hotel, quarantine, government or police obligation, weather conditions, or any other reason beyond our control, including any modification to the itinerary resulting of such events;
- Failure of the passenger to obtain or provide any and all required travel documents;
- Delay or failure of the passenger to be on time to the airport or other summons during the trip;
- Delay of an air, terrestrial or maritime carrier;
- Theft, loss or material damages occurring during transportation (travelers must ensure that they keep their belongings with them at all times);
- Any damages resulting from a physical condition of the traveler, food poisoning, health problems, accident during transport, etc;
- Any damages to the property, car rental, etc, and/or its contents during the rental, and the applicable fees;
- Bankruptcy or termination of activities by a provider or transporter. Preference Vacations doesn’t act as a risk insurer. The calculation of the cost of our packages takes into account that you agree to the exempted and limitative clauses composed in favor of Preference Vacations. Prices would be much higher without those clauses. It is your sole responsibility to warn your travel agent or hotel of any problem occurs during your stay so we can assist you right away and properly, within our limits. In the eventuality where a problem cannot be dealt with at destination, you will need to send us the details in writing within 30 days following your return so we can inquire with the establishments concerned and deal with your request accordingly. The present agreement is legislated by the Civil Code of the Province of Quebec and the provincial laws that apply, and all actions that might be established will have to be taken in front of the tribunal of the province of Quebec. If one of the mentioned conditions of this contract is void, it will not affect or invalidate the present agreement called “Terms and Conditions”. The text above is the final text and voids any other text appearing in previous documents or any other documents under the title “Terms and Conditions”. Holder of a permit from the province of Quebec #800439 and IATA #.
- Overbooking by a hotelier or an airline for a flight;
- Insects, like bed bugs or other types in the rooms;